WRAS Approved EPDM is the core material which William Johnston & Company Limited use to manufacture the gaskets which seal the majority of flange and pipe connections in the UK potable water sector and in many other overseas markets including Europe and the Far East. These are ideal for PE to PE connections.
William Johnston & Company Limited manufacture millions of WRAS approved EPDM gaskets annually.
• Operating Temperature from -20°C to 100°C.
• EPDM is Ozone and UV stable.
• Strong chemical resistance.
• Colour Fast.
• EPDM rubber for potable water is black in colour.
• Good resistance to a wide variety of corrosive chemicals.
• Good resistance to most inorganic chemical products.
• Not recommended for use with oil or hydrocarbons.
• Limited resistance to oxidant acids.
• Offered in standard hardness of 70 (±5) Shore A.
WRAS Approved Product
Pressure Rating Working 16 Bar
Pressure Rating Hydrostatic 24 Bar
For working pressure more than 16 Bar please consult with our technical department for advice.
Shapes & Sizes
|BS EN 1514-1:1997
PN6, PN10, PN16
TABLES D & E
|BS EN 12560-1:2001
• Full Face
• IBC (Ring)
• 2 Lug (or Mickey Mouse).
Gaskets are available cut to any flange standard but we limit the choice due to the pressure constraints of the selected material.
We can manufacture one off or multiple bespoke shapes or sizes according to your drawing or application using our CAD technology. Please contact us for further details.
WRAS APPROVED EPDM MATERIAL IN STRIP FORM
This is ideal for use in outdoor conditions as a sealing strip and is suited to tank/lid seals on potable water tanks. Please contact us with your sizes for a quotation.
WRAS APPROVED EPDM MATERIAL IN SHEET FORM
3mm thick x 1.5M x 10M
4.5mm thick x 1.6M x 10M
6.0mm thick x 1.6M X 10M
Other thicknesses by request.
As a manufacturer we technically support all the products that we offer which: -
• Saves time.
• Saves long term expense.
• Reduces leakage.
• Increases flange integrity.
• Decreases health & safety risk.
Whenever there is a sealing issue or technical question regarding one of our products then please get in touch on 0141 620 1666, Email us or simply fill out our online enquiry form below.